Unanswered: Help with 2007 to 2003 conversion problem
Ok, so i built this relatively simple and easy to use database on my laptop which runs office 2007, the database consists of a table, a form, a query, and a report template.. and then another form which acts as a welcome screen upon opening the database..
now, i converted it to 2003 for an older computer, and copied over to the older machine, now to start with, it worked, the only issues i had was that the buttons didnt work properly, so i used the button wizards to create new buttons and then closed and saved the database,
Then! when i went to reopen the database, i found that the main form (which operates the data) didn't work, there are small VBA scripts in there but nothing that i beleive that would change the form, also, i choose not to block unsafe expressions
I CAN open the tables in which the data lays in, however i can't seem to use the form that also operates that same data...
In the 2003 version of the database, open a module (any one), or open a form that has a module attached in Design view and open its module by pressing the Alt+F11 keys, then in the Debug Menu of the VBA Editor, select Compile...
forgot to mention, i can't open the form in design view either, all i did was add 3 buttons, 1 for new record, 2 for save record, and 3 for close form, and as soon as i did that, boom.. n that was it, then it just stopped working,
as i mentioned earlier, before i changed the buttons it worked ok, apart from the buttons, now nothing.. :-( hope this helps..
i shall still try to compile tomorow when im at that station.. also, i havent converted it to accdbe either, would that matter?
1. In the File Menu, select Backup Database..., accept the proposed name for the backup file or change it (write the name somewhere: you'll perhaps need to retrieve that file later) and click the Save button.
2. When the backup is completed, open the Tools menu, select Database Utilities, and in the submenu select Compact and Repair Database.
3. If it still does not work, close the database, then in the File menu select New... and in the New File window, select Blank Database.
4. The File New Database dialog box opens, type a name for the new database (or accept the proposed name -usually 'db1.mdb'- write the name somewhere: you'll need to retrieve that file later) , and click the Create button.
5. The new database is now open. In the File menu, select the Get External Data option and in the submenu select Import...
6. In the Import dialog box that opens, select the "damaged" database and click the Import button.
7. The Import Objects dialog box then opens. In the Tables tab select all the tables, except those having a name beginning with 'MSys'.
8. In every other tabs (Queries, Forms, Reports, Pages, Macros, Modules), Click on the Select All button.
9. When you're done selecting all objects (except the 'MSys...' tables), click on the OK button.
10. After a few moments, all the objects from the "damaged" database are imported into the new one.
11. Close Access then try opening the new database.
12 If it works, recompile it (see my former message), then perform a Compact and Repair operation (see 2. hereabove).