I am confidentially seeking a full time Java Developer for a client in Dulles, VA. I discovered your profile on line via key word search and I anticipate you, or maybe someone in your network may have the right qualities to fill my client's employment needs. Some of the qualifications are described in the following brief career description

Position: Java Developer

Duration: Contract 6 month (strong chance of extending)

Directly from the HM: "This candidate will be working on the main.com site and the homegrown CMS that supports it. Our main challenges tend to involve scale as we have extremely high traffic volumes. Additionally, we have a broad matrix of browsers that we need to support and need to design functionality with high degrees of flexibility in order to support our publishers, editors, and the 40+ different "flavors" of the site."

Regarding the cross-platform issues, our developers are expected to be aware of the issues involved in supporting the different browsers and to do a good amount of validation before throwing code over the wall to QA."

• Assist in implementing one or more system components.

• Engage in testing and verification of system components and end-to-end systems.

• Review customer needs and translate to technical requirements

• Capable of estimating and scheduling one’s own work.

• Ability to read and review other’s code.

• Follow industry trends and standards in own area and communicate and incorporate knowledge into the product or system.

• Willingness to move between front and back-end systems.

• Experience with Java JDK 1.6+, J2EE, Tomcat, MySQL, Linux.

• Experience with the development of XML/JSON based web services

• Experience with web technologies: JavaScript, jQuery, HTML, and CSS

• Understands and employs unobtrusive JavaScript techniques

• Familiarity with jQuery

• Experience in web performance tuning JavaScript, HTML and CSS

• Understands web accessibility

• Experience working with 3rd party API's via JSONP and AJAX

• Understanding of the major browser technologies and their differing behaviors: Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, Chrome.