Red face Unanswered: MS Jet OleDB provider for access

Hi,

This issue is disturbing my sanity,

I am moving an application from Windows 2003 to 2008 and those pages which has connection to .udl file with MS access doesn’t work , I am getting 500 error

I get following error when I open UDL file on the server.
    “The provider is not installed coreectly ....”
    When I create a dummy .udl file, I don’t see “Ms OleDB Jet 4.0 provider option” I have not found the solutions after surfing for the last 2 days.
    I have tried following.
    Register MS oleDB Jet DLL files under OlEDB AND WOW64 folders.

Provided Answers: 14
    You probably need to upgrade the MDAC on the concerned machine. See: Data Programming with Access 2010
    Have a nice day!

Question

thanks for your response, however in windows 2008 "MS Jet oledb 4.0" is already installed.

How to obtain the latest service pack for the Microsoft Jet 4.0 Database Engine

For computers that are running Windows Server 2008
    If you are running Windows Server 2008, you have a later version of Jet 4.0 than the version that is included with Jet 4.0 SP8.

any idea what I am missing. Plz help

Provided Answers: 14
    There is a lengthy thread on that topic at: The 'Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0' provider is not registered on the local machine.

I could not verify the accuracy of the information (I'm at home, where I don't have any machine with 64-bit O.S. installed), but basically it says that "Unfortunately there is no 64-bit Jet OLEDB Provider. If you plan on using a Jet database then it must be with a 32-bit application."
    Have a nice day!