Unanswered: Oracle To Start With

Hello Friends,

I am new to database environment. I am interested to learn Oracle. Can anyone please suggest ideal source for a beginner to start with

Thanks,
    Nithin Chikka

Provided Answers: 4
    Download and install Oracle 11g Express Edition database. On the same page, but different tab, you'll find the documentation.

However, you might be interested in this page (10g documentation) which is divided into several sections, among which Most Popular and Getting Started are the most interesting.

First (never mind which version you choose), read the Concepts book. Then, a 2 Day DBA, continue with SQL Reference. When you're done, go on to PL/SQL User's Guide and Reference as well as Application Developer's Guide - Fundamentals. When necessary, consult other books.

It will take a lot of time, but I suppose that you'll enjoy entering the Oracle world. It can be really amazing.

Also, I'd suggest you to join one of frequently visited Oracle forums (such as OraFAQ) - newbies ask questions daily, so - try to find your own answer to those problems, don't be afraid to post yours. Forums are a great knowledge base.

Books of Steven Feuerstein are very good to start with and to deep into Oracle development.

Where the Surf Meets the Turf @Del Mar, CA
    Provided Answers: 1
    >Books of Steven Feuerstein are very good to start with and to deep into Oracle development.
    Starting any PL/SQL programming without understanding the Basics & Concepts is WRONG!
    There is no indication that the OP even knows SQL.
    You can lead some folks to knowledge, but you can not make them think.
    The average person thinks he's above average!
    For most folks, they don't know, what they don't know.
    Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement.

Thanks a lot friends. Hi Littlefoot i have registered at oraFAQ forums.