Question Unanswered: Db2 database offline backup

Hi,
    I am taking the offline backup of my DB2 database and in the server, I have Q Apply and monitors running all the time, but as the offline backup starts Q Apply and monitors goes down , and after the completion of the offline backup these 2 services ( Q Apply and monitors) did not comes up automatically, as they go down automatically. Although I have written commands to bring them up but they don't come up..every time after the completion of the offline backup I have bring the services manually up.

Provided Answers: 11
    as the infocenters are down for some days (??) I can not confirm - I have to download the pdf files again..
    there have been some settings to ignore errors for apply-capture : to ignore the case when db is down and continue to try to reconnect again..
    we had a small script in scheduler(with some interval) to check if the process is still up and if not to restart it again..
    Best Regards, Guy Przytula
    Database Software Consultant
    Good DBAs are not formed in a week or a month. They are created little by little, day by day. Protracted and patient effort is needed to develop good DBAs.
    Spoon feeding : To treat (another) in a way that discourages independent thought or action, as by overindulgence.
    DB2 UDB LUW Certified V7-V8-V9-V9.7-V10.1-V10.5 DB Admin - Advanced DBA -Dprop..
    Information Server Datastage Certified
    http://www.infocura.be

Quote Originally Posted by przytula_guy View Post
    as the infocenters are down for some days (??) I can not confirm - I have to download the pdf files again..
    there have been some settings to ignore errors for apply-capture : to ignore the case when db is down and continue to try to reconnect again..
    we had a small script in scheduler(with some interval) to check if the process is still up and if not to restart it again..

no,the info cneter works all the time,

do you mean to "errwait" and "term" parameter for apply programs?

the better way should be the later one,writting a script and put into crontab to monitor it,and restart it if needed.