Smile Why no responses to the job posting

Group

I post a number of jobs on the site daily. I see that they are look at but no-one response back to apply. Some I include that information and some I don't., The job are mostly on the East Coast but I post them from all over. Can someone explain this to me?

1. It's Christmas, not many people want to switch jobs.
    2. The economy is crappy, better the devil you know.....
    3. Do you have any data on response to your ads.
    4. None of the jobs were in Ontario.

Wink Jobs

This has been going for over a year and a half. Don't get me wrong. If someone replies and i submit them and they start the job after 60-90 days I get paid a small fee. But the these rates and the economy the way is is. I would think this would be a good deal.

I can tell you that when I lost my job last spring, I found a new gig through networking alone.
    I never sent out any unsolicited resumes, or even checked any employment websites.
    I'd suggest that people looking for local jobs look at local resources, rather than broad-resources such as internet database forums.
    If it's not practically useful, then it's practically useless.

blindman
    www.chess.com: "sqlblindman"
    www.LobsterShot.blogspot.com

I have not had my resume posted in a long time, but yet hardly a day goes by without a recruiter email or call. I guess if you have done this long enough, people just know who you are in some database somewhere. After my last gig, I took a a month off just gaze at my bellybutton and when I was ready to interview I had an offer that week pretty much.

It is still a sellers market here in DC.
    “If one brings so much courage to this world the world has to kill them or break them, so of course it kills them. The world breaks every one and afterward many are strong at the broken places. But those that will not break it kills. It kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially. If you are none of these you can be sure it will kill you too but there will be no special hurry.” Earnest Hemingway, A Farewell To Arms.

Skills:
    - 3+ years in building of Database Design and Development in Oracle and
    SQL Server (Oracle 11g and SQL Server 2008 preferred)
    - 3+ years ability to write/develop software code VB6, .NET, and C#
    developer skills
    - 2+ Experience with developing and deploying client server applications
    with VB.NET or C# in conjunction with Microsoft XML Web Services on
    Windows server 2008
    - High Proficiency with Oracle and SQL server database operations and
    design
    - Required SQL and PL/SQL development experience, including but not
    limited to design and creating tables, packages, stored procedures,
    views, triggers, indexes and all relevant database objects, as well as
    report objects.
    You lost me at 3+ years ability to write/develop software code VB6, .NET, and C#
    developer skills

These are different disciplines...at least in my opinion...I don't want to be ANYWHERE near front end developer code
    Brett
    8-)

It's a Great Day for America everybody!

dbforums Yak CorralRadio 'Rita
    dbForums Member List
    I'm Good Once as I ever was

The physical order of data in a database has no meaning.

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Kaiser View Post
    You lost me at 3+ years ability to write/develop software code VB6, .NET, and C#
    developer skills

These are different disciplines...at least in my opinion...I don't want to be ANYWHERE near front end developer code
    Those are different disciplines even in the front end world.

I'm leery of job descriptions including .NET and C# as separate disciplines. This implies either the recruiter or the client does not understand the relationship between the two. VB6 is deprecated technology that has nothing in common with C#. Most C# devs I know will avoid VB6 contracts like the plague.

In my market skilled devs are in very high demand. You can't afford to put forth anything questionable in contract descriptions around here.
    oh yeah... documentation... I have heard of that.

*** What Do You Want In The MS Access Forum? ***

Cool I'm not a Recruiter

I'm just old school. When referral bonuse averages $1,500. So I get this stuff all day everyday. If you not interested Cool. Don't apply

You asked for an explanation. Make up your mind.
    oh yeah... documentation... I have heard of that.

*** What Do You Want In The MS Access Forum? ***

Looking for an Oracle DBA job

Hi,
    My name is Priya, I have completed Oracle certification in 9i and 10g, I am a fresher and looking for a dba job.
    Anybody can help me please!!!!!!

Cool looking for work

Where do you want to work in the US is the question. I have post all from all over the country/

Wink looking for DBA work

Just look at the job posting

hi

I am looking for a job in india, if u have any openings for freshers in us I am glad to work

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Kaiser View Post
    developer skills

I agree - frontend and backend (procedural & relational) are two different mindsets. I see these ads all the time though, and I think "cheap startup trying to eliminate headcount." Even funnier are the ones with the "I am completely deluded" requirements: phd in chemical engineering, phd in neuroscience, certified in all database technologies; compensation competitive with McDonalds salaries. Unfortunately, Buckaroo Banzai is already employed.

No offense to OP. I understand that you're trying to make a living and you're just passing these employers' requirements along. But sometimes I think they're just messing with you. Either way - good luck. I hope you find your buckaroo banzai.

Lightbulb Why No responses to job posting

Well, to me this is part of the same thing. I quess it come along with working in a industry for over 20 years. The web was new pc's were the rage and apple and Microsoft had just slade the Jabiwaki(IBM). I don't need the money. My new email will attest to that. I see all the viewing for the positions I post. Some times I even give the contact info. If it is a referral for me, why should'nt I get that referral. Somebody out there need the work. Besides, That's how you gain your experience. Difference challeging situations.