Unanswered: Replacement Combo Box or Replacement form

I need help to create a replacement combo box used on a form for the purpose of returning items purchased from a vendor. I will supply a pic of the existing form and this will explain better our needs. The form works perfectly except we need additional criteria in selecting process. The current form allows us to select a part from another tbl/qry via combo box that when selected automatically fills in other fields attached to that part. Our problem arises when we select a part we have purchased multiple times that has numerous invoices and dates for the same part number. We need it to specify the part then the specific date/invoice attached to that part. There are three tables called tbl_OutsidePurchaseDetails that contains purchase data for all part information; tbl_Supplier which contains vendor information; and one called tbl_Returns which contains all parts returned to vendors. Since our tbl_OutsidePurchaseDetails now contains part numbers that are duplicated should I break it down into multiple tables one for part numbers, invoice details (since we purchase multiple items on same invoice) and then build a new form or try to build a new combo box that is trigger by the first combo box. Need help which way I should procede.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ComboBoxNeeded.JPG  
    "Discovery consist in seeing what everyone sees and thinking what nobody has thought"

Provided Answers: 14
    You may try:
    1. Add supplemental columns to the combobox.
    And/Or
    2. Add a second combo (cascading combos) to refine the search.
    Have a nice day!

I have tried with second combox box but I can not seem to get things correct. FYI the sub form is pulling records from a table that is purchases and I have a afterupdate event that automatically fills in the other data fields from the record selected via combo for part select. When I change the date field to a combo box set it to same query as the combo box for part select it does not retain just the records that have that part number it conatins all dates from that query. How do I keep the data that would be selected via combo box in tack so I can select the record needed for that part? See new attachment If I click the combo box for date it has all dates from query If I leave the source empty it is blank.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FormComboDate.JPG  
    Last edited by WD Tice; 01-14-12 at 18:53.
    "Discovery consist in seeing what everyone sees and thinking what nobody has thought"