Hope this mail reaches you in high spirits and good health. Please have a look on the Job description below and if you are comfortable with it please reply with your updated resume with the best time and number to speak with you.
Title: .Net Developer
Location: Washington, DC
Duration: 6 months
Direct supervisor: Information Management & Technology General Services (IMTGD) Team Lead.
Content and methodology of supervision: Weekly status meetings and written status reports, Ad hoc meetings on progress of deliverables.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Develop enhancements in Parking Inventory Management System (C#, .NET, SQL Server, Crystal reports)
· Develop an application in handheld device using Microsoft technologies.
· Under close supervision of assigned team lead, the responsibilities and duties of this position include but are not limited to Diagnosing, debugging, fixing, enhancing and adding onto existing databases using established development approaches
· Performing test planning, testing (unit, system, end-to-end, UAT), and QA
· Developing project plans and estimates and reporting progress to team lead
Handling end-user problems and related issues on an ad-hoc basis.
Supporting and enhancing existing Microsoft .NET applications based on requirements provided by the supervisor
Assisting in the integration of Parking Inventory Management system applications to enterprise wide applications and technologies (SAP, PeopleSoft.);
· Coordinate and track work distribution among multiple programming resources to meet the Parking Inventory Management System work program deliverables.
· Prepare weekly status reports and participate in weekly status meetings - highlighting issues and constraints that would impact timely delivery of work program items.
· Communicate proactively with programming team, and supervisor.
· Conduct formal code inspections to assess quality and compliance with coding standards.
· Participate in the development of software development plans, test plans, deployment plans.
· Develop impact analysis from Business Requirements Document (BRD).
Qualifications and Experience
· Minimum 5 years experience in .NET/MS SQL server
· High-level of motivation and interest in Microsoft platforms and programming languages and technologies supported (C#.Net, ASP.Net, ASP, MS SQL Server 2005/2008, Crystal reports);
· Bachelor's Degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience.