Unanswered: SQL Server 2008 - Import formatted word doc

I have 265 word documents which I use with mail merge to create a master document.

We are going to auto generate this master document going forward so I want to store these 265 word documents, these range in size from 10kb to 50kb.
    As I mentioned these are formatted and also contain a merge field/marker so what I will be doing is using a value in the database, my application will take the document which is stored as a string/blob (please advice which is best) and will replace the "merge field" with the value from the database.

I can write an application to import each of these documents but I am not sure whats the best way to store them in order to be able to find and replace the merge marker.
    Also I will be joining a number of these together to make the master document. So for example I take 10 of these and I replace the marker fields in these with the values from the database, I will then push that string out to a PDF/Word document for printing.

I would appreciate advice on any or all parts of the issues above.

Use File Stream

SQL Server 2008 has a file stream, you can enable file stream and use it for your document. in this feature your database management system will take care of your file and manage them and you may use search on any document you want.

Please refer to Microsoft online books and you will find how to use them and what is advantage of using file stream.

I hope this is helpful.

Elmozamil Elamir