Unanswered: Brilliant Database noob question

Hi Guys

I just downloaded a demo of Brilliant Database and I love it, it reminds me of the old Q&A Database System which Sesame (Lantica) completely botched up.

As their website has not been updated since 2010 I was wondering if someone could tell me if this system can handle 30 or more users over lan and wan.

I want to make a DB on a 8 core Xeon Server.

I do not mind paying the $1200 for the developer version however I am a little bit concerned that the company Binary Brilliant as they might have closed down or something as there is no response from them whatsoever. I want to use the DB in a commercial environment and I worry about the future updates if any for this very promising application.

Compared to Filemaker and Alpha, Brilliant really looks my cup of tea

Your response would be highly appreciated.

The software Brilliant database is a fantastic one and highly user friendly. Almost you can create anything you want. However as per their website it can accommodate 2 to 16 users at the same time. I tried with 8 users at the same time and I feel comfortable. Upto March 2011 their technical support was lightening fast.Unfortunately after March 2011 we are not hearing anything from them.

Quote Originally Posted by cplanet View Post
    Hi Guys

I just downloaded a demo of Brilliant Database and I love it, it reminds me of the old Q&A Database System which Sesame (Lantica) completely botched up.

As their website has not been updated since 2010 I was wondering if someone could tell me if this system can handle 30 or more users over lan and wan.

I want to make a DB on a 8 core Xeon Server.

I do not mind paying the $1200 for the developer version however I am a little bit concerned that the company Binary Brilliant as they might have closed down or something as there is no response from them whatsoever. I want to use the DB in a commercial environment and I worry about the future updates if any for this very promising application.

Compared to Filemaker and Alpha, Brilliant really looks my cup of tea

Your response would be highly appreciated.

Provided Answers: 54
    Brilliant went "toes up" some time ago (circa 2007), but revives for a few weeks about once a year. The idea behind the software was great, the company management has never been more than marginal in my experience, and I'd be sorely afraid to try to run it in a business evironment.

-PatP
    In theory, theory and practice are identical. In practice, theory and practice are unrelated.

I'm sorry to hear that you weren't happy with Sesame. We maintained a lot of Q&A keystrokes, terminology, and compatibility, but we couldn't simply clone Q&A for a number of reasons. Please feel free to get in touch with me and/or Support if you don't find something else that suits your needs. We're always happy to help out and answer questions.

Thanks a lot guys

It's sad that this software is not being supported.

I will and take a chance as it fits my customers needs I will test the trial until it dies and decide which way to go

Thanks again for all your input