Unanswered: problem with date modifications with dd-mm-yyy format

Hi evrybody have this code:

UPDATE TABLE
    SET STARTDATE=#CREATEODBCDATE(FORM.SDATE)#
    WHERE DATEID=#DATEID#

this code is ok and modifies date on my table as long as the day is more than 12 the date is picked from a calendar with this format dd-mm-yyy (italian standard)

the date should be inserted with this format yyyy-mm-dd

any help how could i do this?

thanks

Provided Answers: 54
    Since your syntax indicates that you're using Microsoft Access, I'm going to move this thread from the Microsoft SQL Server forum to the Microsoft Access forum where you'll get better answers.

Dates are printed/displayed as characters, but they are stored internally as bit strings. The internal format of the date and the way that you're used to seeing it on the screen or paper have only a casual relationship. A date can be displayed using ISO, American, Hebrew, Arab, Italian, or other notations because the disply value is created from the internal bit value by an algorithm.

-PatP
    In theory, theory and practice are identical. In practice, theory and practice are unrelated.

Provided Answers: 59
    isn't this a coldfusion question?
    Im not aware of createODBCDate as an Access function, but according to google it is a Coldfusion function
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

Provided Answers: 54
    healdm, you may be correct... I may have jumped the gun.

alexiop, please tell us what database engine and progreamming tool(s) you are using.

I'll try to move your question to a more appropriate place once I know that.

-PatP
    In theory, theory and practice are identical. In practice, theory and practice are unrelated.