Unanswered: DB2:Setting open Cursor

Hello,

Can we set the open cursor value in DB2 UDB 9.5 on Linux ?

I am thinking Oracle where we have a configurable parameter open_cursor which can be set to a value.

Does DB2 UDB provide a similar option to configure the allowed number of open cursor/s?

Provided Answers: 5
    You need to explain what you want. Not everybody knows Oracle.

Andy

For Example:

I want the maximum number of open cursors in a db2 database to be at 500. How do I accomplish this ?

Provided Answers: 5
    I think Oracle and DB2 use the term "cursor" differently. What are you trying to accomplish?

Andy

I mentioned earlier, what I want, or what I am trying to accomplish..

This is what I found based on my research so far:
    By default DB2 creates 3 packages when you do the cli binds, these three packages together provides the capability of a total of 1344 open cursors. In my case due to some funky application code, the 1344 open cursor limit is exhausted and I was looking to find ways to increase them... ( this is what I was trying to accomplish)

The quick fix is to increase the number of packages and thereby increase the total limit on the number of open cursors.. The packages have a limit, you cannot take that higher than 30 which represents 11712 concurrently open cursors...

The real fix is to come from the application folks.. Do they really need so many open cursors? A code fix is in order:

Check this out: This decoded the problem I faced..
    SQL0805N Package “” was not found.

what the interesting application ! 11712 concurrently open cursors, that is a big number....
    As you metioned above , I think a code fix is the only way to solve the problem....