Question Unanswered: Form with a selectable Query that then pulls up another form?

Okay, I have searched everywhere but cannot find the answer I am looking for probably because I don't know the "proper" terminology to ask the correct question.

Here is what I am wanting. I have a table (Task Assignments) that stores work orders that multiple people will have entered in requesting tasks to be accomplished at our facilities. I have a form designed and working (WorkOrderRequest) that accomplishes this part. I now want a form that has something like a combo box which lists only the work orders that have not been assigned to someone sorted by 4 different fields in this table. I then want to be able to select one of the work orders listed and have a different form pop up that will allow me to put in the name of the person assigned to this task as well as some additional fields. Once I click on the Submit button of the second form, I want to go back to the list and it show me the remaining items that are still open.

I have a query written (OpenWorkOrdersQuery) that does the second part but what I really want is this information displayed on a form in columns not just a report listing.

I have a form already done (WorkOrderAuthorize) that does the last part, assigning a person to the work order and filling out the additional prompts with a submit button.

What I cannot figure out is how to create a form that brings up a list that I can choose from which will then take me to this form. Can this be done? If not, what is the best way for me to see a list and then pick an item which then brings up a form so I can complete some actions for this record in a table?

Have attached a database with your three forms mocked up. If you start with the 'WorkAssignments' form you will be able to work your way through the forms hopefully in the manner you require.
    Noteworthy:

A command button on the first form that opens a form with a listbox based on your query for jobs that are unassigned.
    An event that fires on the double click of any item in the list bringing up your final form that uses the selection you make from the listbox as a parameter in a query based on your original table.
    The code behind the command buttons and the listbox should explain how it works.

Hope this helps
    Dave
    Attached Files Attached Files

I downloaded your example and that is Perfect. That is exactly what I needed to get started. I will go through it with figure out how you did it and then apply the example to my database.

Thanks a million as this will save me a ton of time and frustration.

Your welcome, glad to help.

Database attached RE: PM
    Attached Files Attached Files