Unanswered: How would you rate the complexity of an access database

In my very limited time of creating access databases I have come across a single question that I do not feel I am qualified to answer. So, I ask you to help define the answer to it. It is a very valueable question when you are asking for help or trying to let someone know the extent of your access knowledge. The question is: How complex are the databases you have created?

So I put before you a single question.
    How do you define and rate the complexity of an access database?
    Such as a simple database has blank in it. A complex has blank and blank in it.

I appreciate your time, thoughts, and knowledge. Thanks!
    Last edited by ericx1; 01-05-12 at 17:37. Reason: Altering the question slightly.

Provided Answers: 14
    Wide topic! IMHO:

1. Complexity and special requirements (security, specific treatment,...) of the business rules the database is supposed to modelize.

2. Complexity of the database schema (tables structures, relationships, constraints...).

3. Deviation from the standard behaviour of the "typical Access model", use of dynamic queries, complex VBA functions, access to external data or data providers (external files, RDBMS Servers), communication and/or interactivity with external processes (Excel, Outlook, Word, etc.) or the O.S. (Active Directory, local or remote COM servers, etc.)

4. (unfortunately) poor (or lack of) respect of the normal forms (database normalization).
    Have a nice day!

Aye, it is quite a broad topic why I asked it Though I do need to fine tune the question a bit I think, cause I'm also wanting to know what people would consider a simple database, a moderate and a complex.

Thanks for your post!

Provided Answers: 14
    You're welcome!
    Have a nice day!

Provided Answers: 59
    complexity is in the eye of the beholder

some may argue a properly designed (normalised) db isn't that complex irresepctive of the number of tables, columns, forms reports and so on, irrescpective of whether you use JET or a server db as the backend.

an indication of complexity is when you start making use of a lot of VBA code, once you start moving away from the plain vanilla out of the box Access with all its wizards, bound controls and so on then you start the complexity.
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

I can see that. Properly normalized database should be pretty easy to follow its data trends. Thanks for the post!