Unanswered: Button on Form not Working for multi users

Hi guys

I have a db on our server, which, when being tested by one individual worked well. However, I have now increased the testing group to 3 individuals and now I have a problem!

on one of the forms, I have a button that, when clicked, creates a PDF, saves it in a public folder, and also sends an email. This button works 100% of the time if only one user is logged in or, it works for the first user that logged in. Any users subsequently logging in, and who click the button, the VB routine does nothing??

Can anyone offer any advice/suggestions?

Thanks

Provided Answers: 14
    Is the database split? If not, this is the first thing to do.

One database file (the back-end) containing the tables remains on the server and each client machine receives a copy of a second database file (the front-end) that contains all other objects (Queries, Forms, Reports, etc.). The front-end uses attached (linked) tables to the back-end.

You cannot safely work with an Access database in multi-user mode if the interface is shared. Sooner or later , the database becomes corrupted.

There's an Assistant (Wizard) is Access to help you slit the database. In Access 2003 you can find it by opening the "Tools" menu, then select "Database Splitter" in the "Database Utilities" submenu. In Access 2010, it's in the "Database Tools" ribbon.
    Have a nice day!

Thanks Sinndho. I am using the database via a citrix connection. Therefore, would I add the front end into each users "My Documents" - would this work?

Provided Answers: 14
    I never used an Access database with Citrix, so I'm not able to answer, sorry !

Have a look at: My random thoughts on Microsoft Access, Terminal Server and/or Citrix or Google search for "Citrix and MSAccess".
    Have a nice day!

Provided Answers: 19
    Just to clarify, if only one user is using the app, the button works, regardless of which machine this user is working on?

I ask because when apps run fine on one machine and not on another the first thing you have to think about are missing references.

If you find that the problem is machine-specific, and you haven't had to trouble-shoot Missing References before, here are Doug Steele's detailed instructions on doing this:

Access Reference Problems

Linq ;0)>
    Hope this helps!

The problem with making anything foolproof...is that fools are so darn ingenious!

All posts/responses based on Access 2003/2007