Unanswered: What is the correct syntax for this update set limit

please delete please delete please delete please delete please delete please delete please delete please delete please delete please delete please delete
    Last edited by fencerenu; 01-08-12 at 20:00.

please delete please delete please delete please delete please delete please delete please delete please delete please delete please delete please delete

Last edited by fencerenu; 01-08-12 at 20:01.

you're not allowed to say LIMIT m,n in an UPDATE statement, only LIMIT n
    rudy.ca | @rudydotca
    Buy my SitePoint book: Simply SQL

what is the range?
    rudy.ca | @rudydotca

Quote Originally Posted by fencerenu View Post
    there are about 9 million articles and i want to adjust the catid in increments of 100,000.
    two questions

you want to update every single article to category 1? why? and where in the world did you find time to write nine million articles?

also, why do you feel you need to do it in increments?
    rudy.ca | @rudydotca

i don't think i can help you any more

you want to artificially "relate" articles by assigning them randomly in blocks of 100,000

sounds like you're trying to solve one problem (poor performance) by creating another (relating articles into categories based on their id number or something)

you still didn't answer my question about where you came up with that many articles in the first place, but don't bother, because i don't think i'm gonna like the answer
    rudy.ca | @rudydotca

Last edited by fencerenu; 01-08-12 at 20:02.