In this role, you will be the subject matter expert for global database platforms, working thru storage and disaster recovery requirements and ensuring availability to meet the business needs. You will liaise with the global 3rd-party partners, shaping an operational support model thru process and policy development, and be responsible managing to meet SLAs, organizational budget and future strategies.
What You Will Do
• Partner to develop business vision and strategy with the service provider.
• Align program definition, prioritization, business case and funding.
• Ensure that the strategic outsource provider delivers on the contractual Service Level Agreements.
• Integrate global processes, systems strategy and roadmap. Work to align process development with system strategy among business and GIS constituents.
• Communicate to leadership consistent program messages, plans and directions.
• Act as sponsor and program/project steering leadership ensure projects stay on path with vision, scope and budget.
• Facilitate prioritization for various technology investments ensuring the right programs & enhancements are being completed and that the system and process infrastructure is stable and reliable.
• Work to make sure support of deployed solutions and existing business data management processes (including master data) are effectively & efficiently meeting service level objectives.
• Work with Enterprise Architecture (EA) in discovery of new process and system trends that will help solve key business problems and ensure business strategy is following our EA standards, adopting the right technology at the right time.
Technical or Business degree or equivalent experience is required. Industry expertise in managing outsourcers with focus on database administration (Oracle/SQL/DB2) and working knowledge of multiple platforms such as storage, security, operations and disaster recovery. Strong leadership and interpersonal skills required. Strong analytical skills, experience solving practical issues and engaging teams of multiple process partners to consensus. Excellent knowledge of business tools such as financial analysis, process design and productivity measurements. Experience in Enterprise Storage SAP / Basis, Enterprise Backup and Recovery, Enterprise Disaster Recovery strongly preferred.
Database Administration - Oracle/DB2
Database Configuration and Tuning
Database backup and recovery
Experience running databases on AIX and Mainframe platforms; troubleshooting issues leveraging native support tools; strong communication skills.