SCOPE OF THE PROJECT:
The Eligibility and Enrollment Member Management Project is one of the most complex IT projects for the State of South Carolina. It is a multi-year effort to replace the State’s aging Medicaid Eligibility Determination System (MEDS). This project will involve state of the art technologies and substantial collaboration efforts.
REQUIRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
The EEMM Project Manager has four major attributes: project management skills, vendor management skills, people skills and domain knowledge in healthcare insurance or Medicaid.
Strong background in project management, preferably in Medicaid or a healthcare insurance IT environment.
· Demonstrated successful leadership and management experience with supervisory responsibilities.
· Vendor management experience.
· Superb written and oral communications skills, including the ability to give presentations to executive management. Strong proficiency in English is required.
· Impeccable integrity. This project will have very high visibility and will impact significant expenditures of public funds. Candidates must be confident with their abilities to make correct decisions and the courage to speak out when necessary.
· Willingness and ability to effectively engage with people and organizations on a continuous basis.
PREFERRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
· Understanding of the Medicaid Enterprise Certification Toolkit (MECT).
· Experience in an outsourced healthcare insurance operations environment.
Experience on an outsourced IT development project.
· Public sector procurement experience is a plus.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience