Unanswered: ssis expression through variable

Can anybody help me.

I am using an oledb source. the query is coming from a variable. The database to which oledb source is connected is Oracle.

Mt variable contains the following query:

"SELECT REQUEST_ID FROM COMPLIANCE_REQUEST

where LOAD_TMSTP between (select max(END_TMSTP) FROM BATCH_JOB_LOG) and

TO_DATE("'+RIGHT("0" + (DT_STR,4,1252)DATEPART( "dd" , @[System:tartTime] ), 2) + "-"+RIGHT("0" + (DT_STR,4,1252)DATEPART( "mm" , @[System:tartTime] ), 2) + "-" +RIGHT("0" + (DT_STR,4,1252)DATEPART( "yy" , @[System:tartTime] ), 2) + " " +RIGHT("0" + (DT_STR,4,1252)DATEPART( "hh" , @[System:tartTime] ), 2) + "." +RIGHT("0" + (DT_STR,4,1252)DATEPART( "mi" , @[System:tartTime] ), 2) + "." +RIGHT("0" + (DT_STR,4,1252)DATEPART( "ss" , @[System:tartTime] ), 2) +'",'DD-MM-YY HH24.MI.SS')"

I am getting error as :

Error at Data Flow Task [OLE DB Source 2 [2177]]: No column information was returned by the SQL command.

Error at Data Flow Task [OLE DB Source 2 [2177]]: SSIS Error Code DTS_E_OLEDBERROR. An OLE DB error has occurred. Error code: 0x80040E4A.
    An OLE DB record is available. Source: "OraOLEDB" Hresult: 0x80040E4A Description: "Command was not prepared.".

Error at Data Flow Task [OLE DB Source 2 [2177]]: Unable to retrieve column information from the data source. Make sure your target table in the database is available.

(Microsoft Visual Studio)

i CHECKED. THE TABLE TABLE NAME, COLUMN NAME ARE CORRECT.

pLEASE HELP ME RESOLVE THIS ISSUE.

Thanks

There are all these emoticons in your code....

And Yet ANOTHER Reason not to use SSIS
    Brett
    8-)

It's a Great Day for America everybody!

dbforums Yak CorralRadio 'Rita
    dbForums Member List
    I'm Good Once as I ever was

The physical order of data in a database has no meaning.

it is start time

Provided Answers: 54
    The source database does not appear to be SQL Server. What platform (DB2, Oracle, MySQL, etc) is the source database running on?

-PatP
    In theory, theory and practice are identical. In practice, theory and practice are unrelated.

Provided Answers: 4
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett Kaiser View Post
    And Yet ANOTHER Reason not to use SSIS
    We are migrating/rewriting an application running on SQL Server 2000 to SQL Server 2008 R2. We were planning to migrate the many DTS packages to SSIS.

I can't tell if you were just kidding. Are there better ways to do batch processing than by using SSIS on a SQL Server?
    With kind regards . . . . . SQL Server 2000/2005/2012
    Wim

Grabel's Law: 2 is not equal to 3 -- not even for very large values of 2.
    Pat Phelan's Law: 2 very definitely CAN equal 3 -- in at least two programming languages

hi pat

the database is oracle

Provided Answers: 54
    Quote Originally Posted by Wim View Post
    We are migrating/rewriting an application running on SQL Server 2000 to SQL Server 2008 R2. We were planning to migrate the many DTS packages to SSIS.

I can't tell if you were just kidding. Are there better ways to do batch processing than by using SSIS on a SQL Server?
    Brett is decidedly "old school" on a lot of issues. He comes from a DB2 / COBOL environment where he's quite comfortable. His ideas work, and work well for him. Brett's ideas would cause the folks that are accustomed to GUI tools and automation to have fits.

Both camps (Brett's and the current tool based concept from Microsoft) work, and can work from very poorly to very well depending on their implementation. There's nothing wrong with 100% coded solutions and I often prefer them myself, but they require more disipline and training to make them work well. There's nothing wrong with using the GUI tools and code generators, as long as you understand what the tools are doing "under the hood" so that you can make good choices. It is easier for most people to pick one methodology (code versus tools) and stick with that methodology, but some of us do use both of these methodologies and more!

-PatP
    In theory, theory and practice are identical. In practice, theory and practice are unrelated.