· Plan, design, and handle database and backup/recovery activities for 30 plus databases using various backup methodologies to include: hot backup, cold backup, RMAN, export/import, data pump, Netapp snapshot, etc
· Implement disaster recovery plan to support major production databases and participate in exercises bi-annually.
· Tune small to large scale database and tune long running SQLs utilizing tools such as statpack, OEM, explain plan, system/session/sql trace.
· Work with large table partition partitions storing soldier documents in types such as blob and clob.
· Write PL/SQL, SQL and UNIX scripts to handle transactions and tables, loading/extraction, transferring data through SFTP and SSL, and automating system monitoring and alerts.
· Conduct database backup and restoration
· Manage database space, capacity planning, and performance tuning function
· Perform consistency checks, archiving, develop/maintain indexing and retrieval functionality; resolve replication issues and manage database sizing/space management functions
· Prepare and provide for briefings as required by the contract.
· Monitor database software to verify support of any applicable service levels
· Coordinate database software upgrades with the use of related systems software, applications software, toolsets and network operating systems to verify appropriate compatibility, integration, and cross-functional usage
· Perform partition maintenance and file system cleanups
· Install upgrades and patches; manage user accounts
· Perform data conversions, data loads, schema analyses, index rebuilds, database migrations, and other functions related to database administration
· Diagnose database performance issues and performance tuning
· Document systems in accordance with established Army HRC practices
· Manage technology transfer for database administration
· Assist UNIX Systems/Server administration team with maintaining system services and troubleshooting/resolving system and/or storage problems
Please respond with following details:
Your current Location (city and state) Work Authorization Status in USA
Are you willing to relocate, do you have any location restrictions, and do you have any preferred locations
What is your current/ expected compensation?
Date of availability.
Best number and time to reach you