currently have a DBA Manager position that is Direct Hire. If you or anyone you know may be interested in this opportunity, definitely feel free to forward my info. I work best via email, so please send me an updated resume and I will get back with you ASAP!
Position- DBA Manager
Salary- $76.4-$95.5 + Bonus
Location- North Dallas
This position will manage the Database Administrators and Reporting Engineers whose provide production support to the SCP Call Platform systems. Responsibilities include managing day to day administration of Oracle and SQL Server databases, planning for growth and upgrades of current systems, optimization and tuning, evaluation of tools and products that may fit in our design, coordinating release implementation, maintaining the preproduction database environment, HEAT ticket distribution and resolution KPIs within the team, development of yearly measurable goals, and performance appraisal.
Principal Accountabilities or Duties
1. Maintains a thorough knowledge of the organization and adheres to all organizational standards.
2. Keeps immediate management well-informed of activities and recommends corrective actions.
3. Manages and maintains the database and reporting SCP platform and S-Gate environments.
4. Manages production acquisition, installation, implementation and maintenance of the SCP and S-Gate platform technologies surrounding our data environments.
5. Conducts technology orientation and exit briefing for all staff; prepares technology and systems for new and existing staff.
6. Assures all responsible systems have a back up strategy and are executed.
7. Ensures all IT documentation articles are reviewed, evaluated, updated, and agreed upon.
8. Ensures routine maintenance preventative maintenance is up to date and performed on hardware and software.
9. Conducts regular staff meetings with direct reports.
10. Ensures compliance with all software licensing agreements. Tracks software versions.
11. Develops annual technology goals and detailed plans for goal accomplishment. Develops measurable KPIs.
12. Develops and maintains an excellent working relationship with other organizations, ensuring the organization is well received and presented professionally and positively.
13. Coordinate Production Issue diagnosis to resolution.
14. Coordinate On Call Schedules and response for production issues on a 24/7 basis.
15. Code promotion for Production Implementation from Development or QA.
16. Perform Performance Appraisals for team.
17. Project Management for key initiatives approved by the company.
This position manages the Database Administration and Reporting Engineering staff responsible for the implementation and production support of the SCP platform and S-Gate infrastructure. The responsible party will manage the systems on a 24/7 basis and is expected to respond quickly to any P1 trouble ticket scenarios. Management of the day to day operation include daily checks of the system for any service impacting anomaly, change control code migration to production, maintaining system up time, managing the preproduction environment, working with internal and external business partners, providing status or information as required to upper management, and ensuring consistent software versioning in production. Annual goal setting for the team and performance appraisal is a requirement. Management of all SCP database hardware and software in all relevant data centers.
The position will also participate in evaluation of new vendor hardware and software but will not be responsible for budget, contract or sales negotiations. The position will make recommendations for upgrading existing software and hardware.
· demonstrates attention to detail
· conserves organizational resources
· identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner
· shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences
· gathers and analyzes information skillfully
· promotes a positive work environment
· develops alternative solutions
· treats people with respect
· uses reason, even when dealing with emotional topics
· strives for personal and organizational excellence
· assesses own strengths and weaknesses
· inspires the trust of others
· displays critical/creative thinking
· works ethically and with integrity
· possess necessary expertise to accomplish all tasks
· follows policies and procedures
· seeks self improvement
· completes tasks correctly and on time
· learns new skills to improve job performance
· supports organization's goals, values, and policies
· strives for continuous improvement and solicits customer feedback to improve service
· completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan
· timely response to requests for information, service, and assistance
· observes safety and security procedures; reports unsafe conditions
· maintains confidentiality
· displays willingness to make decisions
· demonstrates a positive and productive attitude
· measures self against standard of excellence
· displays self-control and keeps emotions under control, even under pressure
· follows instructions and responds to management directions
· remains open to others' ideas and tries new things
· uses equipment and materials according to policy
· speaks clearly; listens and gets clarification
· takes responsibility for own actions
· exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views
· prioritizes and plans work activities
· able to read and interpret written information
· manages competing demands; uses time effectively
· writes clearly, accurately, and concisely
· is consistently at work and on time
· looks for ways to improve and promote quality; makes recommendations for improvements
· demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness
· exhibits sound and accurate judgment and logical reasoning
· able to deal with frequent changes, delays, or unexpected events
· accepts responsibility; follows or exceeds organizational standards
· anticipates and plans accordingly
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university and one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· 4 plus years of work experience supporting production application environment.
· Must have strong, demonstrated teamwork skills.
· Must have proven skills in system trouble shooting and problem resolution.
· Must have exceptional communication skills, both oral and written
· Must have good, planning and organization skills.
· Works independently with minimal guidance.
· Working understanding of related technology stack.
· Able to articulate accomplishment/progress.
· Languages: Familiarity with PL/SQL, T-SQL, Java, .Net
· Methodologies: Object Oriented programming, Web Services, Data Warehousing
· Operating Systems: Linux and Windows
· Databases: MS SQL Server 2000/2005/2008, and Oracle 11g
· Database Replication: SQL Server Transactional Replication, Oracle Data Guard