Unanswered: IDS 11.50fc9r1- ODBC warning

Hi,

IDS 11.50fc9r1
    Informix Connect 3.50
    Windows Server 2008 R2

I get a warning in my ODBC configuration:
    "The database locale on the Envirnment page is not the same as the database locale of the database"

The warning appears if I look into the configuration of the ODBC Driver and close it with OK.
    If I delete it and configure a new one the warning doesn`t appear, but if I look inside the configuration a second time it is there again.

If I delete the "Use Server Database Locale" checkbox and setting it new, the warning doesn`t appear.
    In this case the Database Locale is always the same. Befor deleting de_DE.1252@euro and after setting it new de_DE.1252@euro.

In the Setnet32 the CLIENT_LOCALE and the DB_LOCALE is set to de_DE.1252@euro

On the DB Server a "select * from sysdbslocale" give me a de_DE.1252@euro for the related database.

Where is the wrong setting and how can I solve the problem?

regards
    Uwe

Provided Answers: 1
    hi Uwe,

I am not a neird on Windows platforms, therefore my stupid questions:
    0) statement: the value you use is in line with the sysdbslocale value!

1) beyond your display issue from ODBC setting, does you application work as you expect? Does the issue appear only when setting the value? What happens when you click on 'Apply and test connexion' ?

2) Is the DB Server Unix or Windows? If Unix, this might explain some difference between CLIENT_LOCALE and DB_LOCALE which sometimes have different names for the same character sets.
    3) Did you check whether you ( or someone else ) did not set a Windows environment variable, in the "environment variables" configuration page, called CLIENT_LOCALE OR DB_LOCALE, in addition to info in setnet32 and ODBC driver?

4) you seem to have a patched version, which might explain some strange behaviour with ODBC... ( well, just to write something, probability is weak...)
    Do you have the latest 3.50 CSDK ?

If all this doesn't work, I'm gonna have to ring my friend domus ...

Hope this helps
    Eric

Hi Eric,
    thanks for the answer, my problem is solved.

0)Yes

1)Yes the application is working fine.
    If I click Apply and test connection, the connect is build successfull.
    (The warning doesn`t appear when I set the value, it appear if I look into the driver and close it without making a change.

2)Windows

3)No environment variable is set

4)"Do you have the latest 3.50 CSDK ?"

*Yeeaahh*That was the hint I need *g*

We use in Standard the 3.50tc1 Connect, but we use the first Time the 11.50fc9r1. So it looks like a incompatibility between 3.50tc1 and 11.50fc9r1. If I use a Connect higher than 3.50tc6 the warning is gone.
    That explain the reason for getting this warning the first time. At the other Customers we use the 3.50tc1 but a lower 11.50fc.

Thanks for helping...
    Regards
    Uwe

Provided Answers: 1
    My pleasure :-)
    Have a nice(r) day
    Eric