Unanswered: we are thinking to replace DB2 Enterprise v8 by the light version DB2

Hi

Is it possible to replace DB2 Enterprise Server Edition v8.2 by the light version DB2 ExpressC 9.7 (build on a new server).

Thanks in advance
    Sasidhar

Hi,

yes, you can restore a backup from 8.2 to 9.7. The Edition (Enterprise or Express) does not really matter. But there are some points to mention.
    The ExpressC is limited to 2 GB of memory. So check your settings.
    Also some features are not included in the Express Edition, e.g. MDC or MQTs. See Compare the distributed DB2 9.7 database servers

Cheers
    nvk

Cool

Hi NVK,

Thanks for the quick reply..

so you suggest to migrate to same as DB2 V9 ESE product.

Actually the environment is Microsoft windows cluster.

can you pls suggest me the steps to follow in order to migrate DB2 in microsoft windows cluster..

Thanks in advance
    Sasidharhttp://www.dbforums.com/db_images_v3/images/smilies/beer.gif

Hi,

i didn't recommend the ESE. I just wanted to point out that there are some restrictions on the Express-C Editions which you don't have on ESE. So you check your Database if you can switch to Express-C.

But you brought up another point. You want to run the Database on a Microsoft Cluster, so the Database or Application requires high availability. And now you want to run your Database without support from IBM? Maybe you want to reconsider.

Cheers
    nvk