Unanswered: Match and Combine Function

I am an excel VB newb and I would be very appreciative if someone could take the time to help me with what I believe to be a fairly complicated function.

This function is to help me automate a spreadsheet that contains schedules. It includes the start and end times for employee's shifts, as well as the type of call that the employee will be receiving for a given period. The main issue I have is that the spreadsheet, which is exported from a database, does not export the subjects names and start/end times in a predictable pattern. And the employees don't always have more that one subject.. so this function needs to only affect duplicated rows.

Here's a better breakdown of what the initial data looks like and what it should end up with:

column A>Name column B>Subject Colum C>Start Time Column D>End Time Column E>Total Hours (formula) Column F>Comments

Smith, John Subject 1 3:30 PM 10:00 PM 6.50
    Smith, John Subject 2 10:00 PM 11:45 PM 1.75

Needs to become:

column A>Name column B>Subject Colum C>Start Time Column D>End Time Column E>Total Hours (formula) Column F>Comments

Smith, John Subject 1/Subject 2 3:30 PM 11:45 PM 7.75 subject 2 10 pm - 11:45pm

I hope the above makes sense, and if it doesn't please let me know and I will try to explain it better. Thanks in advance!

Mark

Provided Answers: 10
    Easiest I can think of for changing the column ordering is to go back to the SELECT statement that extracts the data from the database and write the columns out in the order you desire there
    George
    Home | Blog

Quote Originally Posted by gvee View Post
    Easiest I can think of for changing the column ordering is to go back to the SELECT statement that extracts the data from the database and write the columns out in the order you desire there
    I've uploaded a sample spreadsheet to demonstrate what I'm trying to do. I'm not sure that I understand your response.

Provided Answers: 10
    Well, where does the data come from?
    George
    Home | Blog

Quote Originally Posted by gvee View Post
    Well, where does the data come from?
    The data comes from an application that the company uses... its called GMT (or Planet). So the duplicated data can only be manipulated once its been exported to excel.