You have an excellent site that I refer to often for matters that I cannot find a solution to. However there is one problem I cannot find an answer to. I am an experiences vb programmer with SQL and Access but I am a lawyer by trade. I have recently been aswed to prepare a program to log attendances. There are the follwoing tables:
MemberID AutoNumber
GroupID Number
MemName Text
IsPresent Y/N
GroupID Autonumber
GroupName Text
MeetingsID Autonumber
MeetingDate Date
GroupID Number
MemberID Number
AttendanceID Number
AttendaceID Autonumber
MemberID Number
MeetingID Number
ISPResent Y/N
I made my relationships...MemberID in MemberTbl with MemberID in AttendTbl....MeetingID in AttendanceTbl with MeetingID in MeetingTbl
MemberID in membersTbl with MemberID in LodgeTbl and LodgeID in LodgeTbl with LodgeID in MeetingsTbl

Each group has 1 meeting every month.

What I want is a way to list all members (in datasheet) that belong to a particular group with a checkbox depending if they were present at the particular meeting.

I have tried AppendQuieries but that didnt work. I have really come to a dead end.

On the main form i have meetings as RecordSource with GroupID (user input). after update Sunform is updated and a list with all members belonging to the group appear with a tick box next to their names. The Child/Master link is by GroupID.

What I am trying to do is, in the list that appears in the subform I want to be able to tick persons present and their name to be logged in attendance tbl as present.

I would really appreciate your help

Thank you!