Unanswered: Query not working properly

So, I have a query that suppose to give me all the records that has Notice Date between today's date and 3 months from now. I think I'm not using the date() function or dateadd() function properly or something but results are all records that are today's date and beyond. All future records are showing. I've also tried BETWEEN Date() And (Date()+90) or something like it too but that didn't work either. Here's my query.

Code:
    SELECT ForecastNotice.PropertyID, [Rent & Option].MonthlyRent, [Rent & Option].MonGrossRent, [Rent & Option].LeaseTerm, [Rent & Option].LeaseTermExp, [Rent & Option].LeaseTermNoticeDate, [Rent & Option].OptionToExtend, [Rent & Option].[1stExtNoticeDate], [Rent & Option].[2ndExtNoticeDate], [Rent & Option].[3rdExtNoticeDate], [Rent & Option].[4thExtNoticeDate], [Rent & Option].[5thExtNoticeDate], [Rent & Option].[6thExtNoticeDate], ForecastNotice.NoticeDate
    FROM ForecastNotice INNER JOIN [Rent & Option] ON ForecastNotice.PropertyID = [Rent & Option].PropertyID
    WHERE (((ForecastNotice.NoticeDate) Between Date() And (DateAdd("m",+3,Date()))));
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by tobabygu View Post
    ...suppose to give me ... Notice Date between today's date and 3 months from now.

... results ... today's date and beyond. All future records are showing.
    sounds like you got exactly what you wanted

were you perhaps trying to get dates between 3 months ago and today? historic dates?
    rudy.ca | @rudydotca
    Buy my SitePoint book: Simply SQL

I was trying to get dates between today and 3 months from today but instead I'm getting today, 3 months from today, year from today, 5 years from today etc...

what's the datatype of the NoticeDate column?
    rudy.ca | @rudydotca

Text. Is that the issue? It should be set to date?

yes, i believe that's the issue
    rudy.ca | @rudydotca

Provided Answers: 59
    if you have stored dates in a text / string / char column then make certain you aren't using the same dataa type for numeric columns (assuming you may want to use those columns for any form of mathmatics eg add, sum, subtract and so on OR use those columns in a where clause.

why?
    ferinstance storing the numbers 1....13 as string when sorted appear as
    as opposed to
    if you use them in a where clause you are doing a string comparison not a numeric comparison.
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

Sweetness. Thank y'all. It's working now.