Unanswered: Moving Postgresql to MS SQL?

Hi,
    I am trying moving a database from postgresql to MS SQL. Can anyone advice me how to do this in a reliable way?

Thank you.

Provided Answers: 4
    Have a look at this or this.

Why are you migrating away from PostgreSQL? Reliable, good information, helpful community, unmatchable price/quality, works on Windows and Unix ...
    With kind regards . . . . . SQL Server 2000/2005/2012
    Wim

Grabel's Law: 2 is not equal to 3 -- not even for very large values of 2.
    Pat Phelan's Law: 2 very definitely CAN equal 3 -- in at least two programming languages

Thanks for your reply, Wim.
    Because my boss wants to migrate our database from Postgresql to SQL Azure, there is a three months free trail on windows Azure. He want to try it.

Thank you for the replay again.

any one tried migrating PostgreSQL to SQL Azure using ESF Database Migration Toolkit?

I Got error msg:
    USE statement is not supported to switch between databases. Use a new connection to connect to a different Database.

Anyone know how to solve this problem?

Thank you.

Provided Answers: 54
    There is a difference in mindset between SQL Azure and previous versions... Since the SQL instance is "cloud hosted" your code can no longer use the USE statement to switch databasse connections. You'll need to create a new ADO connection for each database that your code needs to access.

-PatP
    In theory, theory and practice are identical. In practice, theory and practice are unrelated.