Unanswered: macro - opening form with related data

i am serving in a none-profit organisation and i just started using access. I am using Access 2010.

I am using a subform to display all our communication with a particular donor. From that subform I would like to create a button that opens up a form to enter a new communication record for the particular donor.

I understand that data can be entered directly into the subform but I have a few reasons why I would rather create a clean new sheet where this data can be entered.
    First of all I am not displaying all the fields in the subform. So if there is special information that needs to be entered that could only be done in a separate form that will ask for all the information.
    Also I have discovered that some people entering the data into the provide list in the subform, exit in a way that it doesn't save the data and it increases the risk of data getting lost.

So that is why i would rather create a button "enter new record" that will open a new form that will allow to enter the communication record. To open a new form doesn't seem to be a problem itself, but I would like to make sure that when the form opens it automatically chooses the donor that the record will be connected to (the donor that is on display when I open the data entry form).

Seems to me like it shouldn't be to hard but can't figure it out. Thank you for your help.

Provided Answers: 14

Hi Sinndho,

Funny enough I looked at this Thread before I posted this new Thread. As mentioned I am really new at access and I couldn't make sense out of it.

so after you sent me that linke again I've tried to gain more understanding but I can't quite figure out how to make it work for my situation.

Thanks for your time.

Provided Answers: 14
    The solution I provided near the end of the thread does precisely what you try to achieve: the form "frmSenset" is open from the form "frmLABEL-nac-print" and the value of a textbox "P_S_NUM" in "frmLABEL-nac-print" is passed to "frmSenset" that inserts it in its own textbox "P_S_NUM".

Supply the names of both forms and of the concerned controls if you need an example fitting your own database.
    Have a nice day!