Unhappy Unanswered: Table displaying number from combo box

Hi

Trying to geta table to display text from combo box instead of a number?????

Here's what I have:

A table called Jobsheet in which i have various columns one column is called job Category with a bound combo box.

I have set the contents of the combobox to be populated from another seperate table called Job category (this table lists all the various categories we use)

everything works great just the job sheet table has numbers as the results of the combo box selections instead of displaying the actual text.

Advice in simple terms required.

Any help appreciated.

Cheers
    Jon

Provided Answers: 59
    do you mean displaying numbers on the table or do you mean displaying on a form or report
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

Sorry I mean it is displaying numbers in the table as a result of the options i select from the combo box in the form.

Cheers

Provided Answers: 59
    ..which is the behaviour you'd expect and perfectly normal.
    especially if you have defined a foreign key to the other table.
    when it comes to display the text values then you use a query to pull the description from the other table as required. whether you do that as a single query or as a list box or whatever is up to you and what your user interface demands.

If you are ever tempted to use the inbuilt table 'lookup wizard' do your utmost to resist it causes numerous problems down the line.

I'd aslo strongly reccommend that you don't use the 'datasheet' view (so the data is presented like a spreadsheet) becuase that is a lot less flexible than using forms and oor reports
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton