Unanswered: User Interface for Web DB

Hey guys,

I was originally building a db in Access, but it seems that there are limitations that will hinder me more than I had originally realized.

Now I am building the db in SQL Server, and I was wondering what program I should use for designing the UI for it?

Is there an application that is preferable for building professional looking web forms and reports?

Any input is appreciated
    Nick

Provided Answers: 4
    You can still use Access as the front end of your application, by using SQL Server tables instead of Access tables.

Or you could program it in:
    - ASP.Net MVC
    - Java Spring MVC
    - Python Django
    - Ruby on Rails
    - PHP Zend/Symphony/CakePHP/...

Take the one out that best fits your interests/skills.

With the open source frameworks, most work out of the box with SQLite, MySQL and/or PostgreSQL. Check out their compatibility with SQL Server.

TinyTDS/FreeTDS is needed with Ruby on Rails (already included in RailsInstaller). It took me a while to get Ruby working with SQL Server. Turned out I had written "locahost" instead of "localhost". Only noticed it after 3 days of Googling
    Ruby's preferred habitat is Linux and MacOS though, not Windows.

Python is a very pleasant programming language to work with. Django is definitely worth trying too.
    With kind regards . . . . . SQL Server 2000/2005/2012
    Wim

Grabel's Law: 2 is not equal to 3 -- not even for very large values of 2.
    Pat Phelan's Law: 2 very definitely CAN equal 3 -- in at least two programming languages