Distributed Database Design Security and query optimazation

I have to do research on distributed database design security and query optimization, kindly tell me how to start my research and what are key areas concerned with distributed database design security and query optimization.

I'd start your research with whatever tools or materials you've covered in class. I'd bet that the instructor probably described these in detail just before giving the assignment (they usually do), so just go back to your class notes from just before the assignment was given.

To get the best possible scroe on the assignment, be sure to cover the areas that the instructor covered during lectures. These are the areas that your instructor puts the highest value on, so they will be the areas that will probably get the most attention in terms of scoring.

Do some additional research covering topics or resources that weren't covered in class for additional credit.

-PatP
    In theory, theory and practice are identical. In practice, theory and practice are unrelated.