Unanswered: Oracle database Configuration Assistant Failure

hi..,

m using Windows Vista Business 32 bit , Oracle 10.2.0.3

while running my setup so many time i got same error each and every time Error:12560 TNS Protocol Adapter error and it shows me i attached my screen shot with my thread , and remember i already installed earlier but at that time there was no error and successfully installed, i removed the total software before installing and i also removed my enviroument variable and after getting this Database Configuration Assistant failure there is no service is started regarding my database.. i also tried manually but there also i got some other problem if by Database Configuration Assistant it ll b solved then it ll be good for me..

Thanx
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 12560.jpg  

Provided Answers: 1
    Oracle isn't very good at uninstalling itself on Windows machines. As well as running the oracle Uninstall program, you also need to manually delete all Oracle directories (Oracle leaves a fair amount of files behind that can mess up future installs). It's also worth going through your registry (regedit) & deleting any reference to Oracle. Then, when all traces of Oracle have been removed, reboot & try installing again.
    90% of users' problems can be resolved by punching them - the other 10% by switching off their PCs.

Quote Originally Posted by cis_groupie View Post
    Oracle isn't very good at uninstalling itself on Windows machines. As well as running the oracle Uninstall program, you also need to manually delete all Oracle directories (Oracle leaves a fair amount of files behind that can mess up future installs). It's also worth going through your registry (regedit) & deleting any reference to Oracle. Then, when all traces of Oracle have been removed, reboot & try installing again.
    Dear i already did it ,

i removed all files & folders from C: , registry(services) , registry (software), paths from enviroument variables, and while installing freshly i also checked all the places as well as services is there any previous services is there or not...

any othre things is left..?

Thanx....

Well, the only thing left that I can think of is if/when the error reoccurs, check in Windows Services that the listener service has actually started. Are any other errors showing in the log?
    90% of users' problems can be resolved by punching them - the other 10% by switching off their PCs.

Quote Originally Posted by cis_groupie View Post
    Well, the only thing left that I can think of is if/when the error reoccurs, check in Windows Services that the listener service has actually started. Are any other errors showing in the log?

No , look as and when i ll get the error at the stage of Database Configuration Assistant then again m clicking on next then in that list it shows me the Failure of Database Configuration then i went to my Admin Tools -> services at that only TnsListener service is started and no service regarding OracleServiceXxx is availabale of my global database...

Thanx..

Sorry, but I don't know the answer to this one. There appear to be some discussions about this error on various Oracle forums (google for 'dbca 12560').

To get you started, this thread refers to a bug as the likely culprit:

https://forums.oracle.com/forums/thr...hreadID=948085