Provided Answers: 2

Question Unanswered: Print different report based on table data

Hi all.

Hope that someone can help me out with this.

I want to be able to print one of two possible reports based on the data of a particular field in a record.

For example if the data in the field named Controller = "A2MC" then print report A else print report B

The report is generated by a query activated by a command button that asks for a customer name.

I have made a number of attempts but can't seem to figure out what code to place where

Thanking you in advance for any assistance.

Send a short example of your MDB, (Access 2000 or 2002-2003).

Provided Answers: 2
    Hi MStef

I'm not sure what you want. The MDB is in Access2003 and includes LOTS of tables etc. With data it is 11Mb

Basically there is a table that holds data that is relevant to "A2MC" and "Not A2MC". It also holds data that is unique to either "A2MC" and "Not A2MC" The record "A2MC" and "Not A2MC" is contained in the filed named controller, which is part of this table.

When I print a report for a customer I have no way of knowing whether controller="A2MC" or "Not A2MC"

I can create reports for each of these conditions but can't figure out how to have the correct report printed. At the moment I am generating a report that has all the fields on it, whether they are relevant or not, but I think it looks unprofessional and can cause confusion for the end user.

Hope this helps.

I am happy to post a sample of the MDB if you want but I doubt that you would be able to make sense of it. It has grown over a period of nearly 10years now