Unanswered: Problem with Dlookup function

Hi,

This is my first time posting and I'm fairly new to Access and VBA. I'm working on a simple after update function and I can't get the dlookup to work with a date field that its taking from a form. Here's my code so far:

Code:
    Private Sub txtCDate_AfterUpdate()

If IsNull(DLookup([cheque_date], "Cheque_Details", "[Cheque_Date] =" & Forms![PAS].[txtCDate])) Then

With DoCmd
                .SetWarnings False
                .OpenQuery (qryEmployeeInfo)
                .SetWarnings True
            End With

Else

With DoCmd
                .SetWarnings False
                .OpenQuery (qryChequeDetails)
                .SetWarnings True
            End With

End If

End Sub

It might have something to do with the format that I have my date in as it's in dd/mm/yyyy format and not standard US date format, but that's the format it needs to be in for storage in my database.

Any advice anyone may have would be great

Thanks,
    Jahyd

Provided Answers: 14
    Provided that "cheque_date" is the name of a column (field) in the table (or query) "Cheque_Details", you can try:
    Code:
    If IsNull(DLookup("cheque_date", "Cheque_Details", "[Cheque_Date] = #" & Format(Me.txtCDate.Value, "mm/dd/yyyy") & "#")) Then
    Have a nice day!

Provided Answers: 59
    Access/JET is US centric so it should be mm/dd/yyyy or at a pinch ISO format yyyy/mm/dd
    also there is an expectation that date literals should be encapsualted with #

Code:
    If IsNull(DLookup([cheque_date], "Cheque_Details", "[Cheque_Date] = " & format(Forms![PAS].[txtCDate],"#yyyy/mm/dd#")) Then
    or
    Code:
    If IsNull(DLookup([cheque_date], "Cheque_Details", "[Cheque_Date] = " & format(Forms![PAS].[txtCDate],"#mm/dd/yyyy#")) Then
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

Provided Answers: 19
    And since you're stuck in that universe where Dates are not in the US Format, you'd better bookmark Allen Browne's excellent article on the subject:

Microsoft Access tips: International Dates in Access

Linq ;0)>
    Hope this helps!

The problem with making anything foolproof...is that fools are so darn ingenious!

All posts/responses based on Access 2003/2007