Thread: manpswift

Unanswered: manpswift

Hi guys, hope someone can help me. I have written a small database using Access to store some useful information at work, my question is, i have created simple 'number input boxes so a score between 1 and 20 can be recorded but when i switch from design view i always seem to have a '0' in the box as default.. Is there anyway i can set the properties of this box to be blank on opening a new record? Hope someone can help.

Many Thanks

Provided Answers: 6
    Presumably either the field in the table or the textbox on the form has a default value of 0.
    Paul

Provided Answers: 19
    Presumably you haven't set this, so it's probably in the Table Def. The Default Value, when adding a Number/Integer Field to an Access Table is Zero. Go into Table Design View and delete this from the Default Value Property Box.

Linq ;0)>
    Hope this helps!

The problem with making anything foolproof...is that fools are so darn ingenious!

All posts/responses based on Access 2003/2007

Hi there. I have looked at the default value properties and it seems to be blank, i have tried entering a value but to no avail.... Am I just being stupid.
    I can always send a screen shot for someone to have a quick look at :-)

Provided Answers: 6
    Both the textbox on the form and the field in the table? A screen shot or copy of the db might help.
    Paul

Provided Answers: 19
    If the Field is a Number and you did not delete the Default Value when you created the Table, the Default will be Zero! That's how Access works. In the Database Dialog Box, where you see Forms, Reports, Tables, etc

1. Select the Table in question
    2. Click on the 'design' icon at the top of the Dialog Box
    3. Click to select the Field in question
    4. Under Field Properties/General Tab go down to Default Value and see what's there
    Hope this helps!

The problem with making anything foolproof...is that fools are so darn ingenious!

All posts/responses based on Access 2003/2007