Unanswered: Creating database for analysis, need help with best practice to do it.

Hello,

I've been tasked to make a database that will consist of three tables currently. This wont be a "live" database where data will be entered into data tables on a daily basis, its just for comparing records from each data table to the other for analysis purposes using querys.

The three tables all have the same fields/layout/design, only thing that differs is the year. The tables are made from reports from businesses that report what tangible property they have that will be taxed, they are required to send the report to us each year so the three data tables are 2009, 2010 and 2011.

Should I just combine all three tables into one table since the table design is the same? The "tax year" field will be able distinguish which records are from which year and I figure it would be easier to query/report. There are a total of 12,000 in all three tables.

Thanks for any advice.

By all means, combine the tables. Then use a Crosstab query to get a comparison by year.

Sam