Provided Answers: 1

Unanswered: Pick value from several columns of table data

Hi

I need to link data in two tables. The first is the root item, in this case the servers host name. I then need to use the server host model, to pick the cost from another table, where the model name is the row field but where there are serveral columns of data (location data) and the right one needs to be picked.

Does anyone have a good way of doing this?

If not then I think I need to create individual tables, per column (location) and then individualy run the query. Not pretty ..

Thoughts? And thank you!

Provided Answers: 14
    Not sure to understand what you mean. Generally speaking when you want to create a rowset with data from columns in several tables, you create a query (possibly with subqueries) and use a JOIN clause to combine records from two or more tables.
    Have a nice day!

Provided Answers: 1
    Hey thanks for coming back to me. Sorry for the delay this end. Ok so the requirement is to look in a table that has model in the first column, and then different prices for per model in the following columns; one for each location. So server X might be 10 in column B and 20 column C.

At the moment I have to make different table for each location, and reference those individually, whcih is a real pain when a pricing update comes along. Any clearer? Any more thoughts? And thank you again.