Unanswered: Does Access Object Library distribute with compiled VB 6 App?

Hello All,

This may be a dumb questions for most of you, but I need an answer from the experts....

Background:

I am writing a VB 6.0 application that must import a .csv file into an Access database. I must create a new table within the database with each import. I do not always know the schema of the .csv file so I am programmatically building a Schema.ini file from the .csv file header and setting all fields to Text. In addition, there may be instances when I need to import several files and append them to a single table (same schema). The files are somewhat large (over 180 thousand rows).

I have been using the DoCmd.TransferText method. It works great, but I recently found out that I must distribute this application to numerous other workstations (all Windows XP or higher) that do not have Microsoft Office loaded on them. I have been setting a reference to the Microsoft Access 11.0 Object Library within my application.

Here is the question:

Will the object libraries be distributed with my compiled application? Do the required files already exist on the target workstations (I am in a remote location from these workstations and have not been able to search their file systems)? If the requisite files are not present or distributable, is there a workaround? I searched the web, but I was unable to locate an answer to this particular question.

Thank you in advance for your help...
    Last edited by jyonan; 02-07-12 at 04:29.

The object libraries are NOT included in the exe. You would need to include them as a part of your setup package. The Package & Deployment wizard is not suitable for Vista/Win7 deployments; you should be using Visual Studio Installer (If sticking to a microsoft solution) or a third-party install package builder.

(Then, there's also the legal issue of distributing the MSAccess object library to machines that may not have Office/Access 11 installed.)

You may want to think about using ADO/ADOX instead.
    Lou
    使大吃一惊
    "Lisa, in this house, we obey the laws of thermodynamics!" - Homer Simpson
    "I have my standards. They may be low, but I have them!" - Bette Middler
    "It's a book about a Spanish guy named Manual. You should read it." - Dilbert