Unanswered: DB2 Connect CLient Required

Hi

I need DB2 Connect Client download link.

and also guide which can best describe its features.

I want to use DB2 CONNECT CLIENT with db2 cli driver for my c++ Application to connect to remote Db2 Database server. I want to get rid from DB2 Client.Its hurdle that every database that i want to access in my C++ application using CLI driver need to add in DB2 Client and then using that DNS in C++ application.

Provided Answers: 11
    there is no connect client
    only client and runtime client(no gui tools)
    IBM DB2 Version 9.7 Fix Pack 5 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows - United States
    Best Regards, Guy Przytula
    Database Software Consultant
    Good DBAs are not formed in a week or a month. They are created little by little, day by day. Protracted and patient effort is needed to develop good DBAs.
    Spoon feeding : To treat (another) in a way that discourages independent thought or action, as by overindulgence.
    DB2 UDB LUW Certified V7-V8-V9-V9.7-V10.1-V10.5 DB Admin - Advanced DBA -Dprop..
    Information Server Datastage Certified
    http://www.infocura.be

Przytula will you go through this document and tell me how it is possible to connect DB2 Server using CLI driver without using data server client.

IBM DB2 9.7 for Linux, UNIX and Windows Information Center

this type of appl always needs a db2 client as they do not provide their own comm mecanism as with java type4, which is the only that can run without db2 client
    the others rely on predefined connections defined by db2 client
    Good DBAs are not formed in a week or a month. They are created little by little, day by day. Protracted and patient effort is needed to develop good DBAs.
    Spoon feeding : To treat (another) in a way that discourages independent thought or action, as by overindulgence.
    DB2 UDB LUW Certified V7-V8-V9-V9.7-V10.1-V10.5 DB Admin - Advanced DBA -Dprop..

This thing is really stupid for my application because I am trying to migrate whole data-warehousing from DB2 to teradata.

this way it is required to add all the database on remote server to local client.

What do you say ?

One thing if i will use Db2 Runtime Client with my application.Still it would b required to add database on local client or not ?

whenever client is installed you have to catalog the db server and remote db with commands :
    Cataloging a TCP/IP node from a client using the CLP
    and
    CATALOG DATABASE

thats alright but i want a way to bypass this client configuration thing on local system so that can connect directly to DB2 Server.
    But DB2 Doesn't provide this.Am i right?

Quote Originally Posted by irfanmaroof View Post
    thats alright but i want a way to bypass this client configuration thing on local system so that can connect directly to DB2 Server.
    But DB2 Doesn't provide this.Am i right?
    You can do that with the DB2 jdbc universal driver and what DB2 calls it Type 4 Connection.
    M. A. Feldman
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for z/OS and OS/390

Provided Answers: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by irfanmaroof View Post
    thats alright but i want a way to bypass this client configuration thing on local system
    You cannot bypass configuration, obviously, but you can automate it: Connecting to databases with the IBM Data Server Driver for ODBC and CLI - IBM DB2 9.7 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows