Unanswered: Federated Server

Hi,
    We use DB2 9.7 ESE on Linux and we got to connect to z/OS Databases as if it is local to UDB server. I was trying to create federated server using control center and the option is disbaled. I have updated DBM config param Federated to Yes and started the instance. DB2 license command shows, "License is not registred". Is this create any problem? Please advise. I am new to LUW world. What are the other options, I have? Thank you.

Provided Answers: 5
    You can federate between DB2 LUW for free. Federating to anything else requires buying a license.

Andy

Quote Originally Posted by schintala View Post
    Hi,
    DB2 license command shows, "License is not registred". Is this create any problem? Please advise.
    What is the output of
    Code:
    db2licm -l
    command
    Visit the new-look IDUG Website , register to gain access to the excellent content.

Provided Answers: 11
    you are probably missing the license for db2 connect ??
    can you connect to z/os db2 from command line without federation ?
    Best Regards, Guy Przytula
    Database Software Consultant
    Good DBAs are not formed in a week or a month. They are created little by little, day by day. Protracted and patient effort is needed to develop good DBAs.
    Spoon feeding : To treat (another) in a way that discourages independent thought or action, as by overindulgence.
    DB2 UDB LUW Certified V7-V8-V9-V9.7-V10.1-V10.5 DB Admin - Advanced DBA -Dprop..
    Information Server Datastage Certified
    http://www.infocura.be

Thank you all for the reply. I would be able to connect to z/OS with DB2 Connect client and can export data from z/OS and load into Linux DB2 server. But unable to create federated server. The output of db2licm -l command as follows.

db2inst1@mhsocc172:/> db2licm -l
    Product name: "DB2 Enterprise Server Edition"
    License type: "License not registered"
    Expiry date: "License not registered"
    Product identifier: "db2ese"
    Version information: "9.7"

Thank you.

The problem lies here, I think
    License type: "License not registered"
    Expiry date: "License not registered"
    I would be able to connect to z/OS
    Are you able to connect ? it is not clear. if you are able to, then try using SQL instead of Control Center,

- create wrapper
    - create server
    - create user mapping
    - create nickname

these are the statements you need to look up for and issue them in the above order

Cheers
    Sathyaram
    Visit the new-look IDUG Website , register to gain access to the excellent content.

Thank you. It worked in command editor with SQL.

Hi,

if you want to use Federation between LUW and z/OS. You need two Products/Licenses.
    The First is homogenous Federation which is included in all Editions beside DB2 Express-C. Additionally you need DB2 Connect-Licenses.