Red face Unanswered: MS Access 2007 query

Hi

I am new to Access 2007 and am wondering if there is a query "in Access 2007" to update values in multiple fields in one table based on values in multiple fields in another. Is this something that could be easily done in Access 2007?

Regards,

newdbadmin

Provided Answers: 59
    providing you can clearly describe your problem, know what rules you need to apply to your data then in SQL or VBA you can do what you want.

mind you it does beg the question why you would want to update values. unless you have a performance issue then as derived values these should not be stored in the db
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

Hi My problem is this...I have a DB that has no primary keys...there are a lot of IDs and I am not using any of them as primary keys as they contain duplicate values...I do not want another ID field as that will further complicate the DB.

Example of my DB

Table 1 2010
    SID---------Name---------Venue----------Site--------Recruits
    1234--------ABC-----------HOME---------ROOM1-------2
    5678--------DEF-----------OFFICE--------LOUNGE------2
    9101--------GHI-----------HOME----------ROOM2-------3
    9101--------GHI-----------HOME----------ROOM3-------4

Table 2 2011
    SID-----------Name---------Venue----------Site--------Recruits
    1213---------JKL----------HALL---------FOYER----------7
    1234---------ABC---------HOME--------ROOM2--------0
    5678---------DEF---------OFFICE-------LOUNGE--------4
    1415---------PQR---------GROUND-----BALCONY------12

And there are 2 more similar tables (Table 3 2008 and Table 4 2009). What I am trying to do is this? - I want to find out if SID 1234 or any other SID for that matter is continuing to work in different places like Home, Office etc and at different venues. The Recruits field indicate the number of people coming to that particular site at that particular venue for that particular SID. Does this make sense?

I want to have one table that will include all of these records and I wont duplicate any record.

Is there a SQL code for this?

Regards,

Newdbadmin.