Unanswered: Install DB2 9.5 on Mac OS X but db2ilist problem

I have installed DB2 9.5 on a Mac OS X and can connect to a database that I created etc...but when I run "db2ilist" it gives me this error:

MacBook-Pro:~ db2inst1$ db2ilist
    File db2idefs not found

Then I ran db2 get instance and got this, which is correct:

MacBook-Pro:~ db2inst1$ db2 get instance
    The current database manager instance is: db2inst1

I noticed that the "db2ilist" file at both /opt/IBM/db2/V9.5_01/bin/ and /Usrs/db2inst1/sqllib/bin/ are empty. I have no clue how to fix this. Could someone help me out? I really appreciate it.

Thank you.

CC

If the installation file is empty, I suspect it could be an installation problem. Try reinstalling/repairing db2.

Actually they are not two separate files. The file in sqllib/bin is a shortcut to the installation path.

If db2ilist is empty, not sure how/why it complains about db2idefs. Is the environment [ path, lib etc ] set properly?

Quote Originally Posted by rockycj View Post
    I have installed DB2 9.5 on a Mac OS X and can connect to a database that I created etc...but when I run "db2ilist" it gives me this error:

MacBook-Pro:~ db2inst1$ db2ilist
    File db2idefs not found

Then I ran db2 get instance and got this, which is correct:

MacBook-Pro:~ db2inst1$ db2 get instance
    The current database manager instance is: db2inst1

I noticed that the "db2ilist" file at both /opt/IBM/db2/V9.5_01/bin/ and /Usrs/db2inst1/sqllib/bin/ are empty. I have no clue how to fix this. Could someone help me out? I really appreciate it.

Thank you.

CC
    Visit the new-look IDUG Website , register to gain access to the excellent content.