Unanswered: CLI package errors and connection pooling

Hi Guys,

Currently I am investigating sql805N error in one of my application .
    It is a WCC application ad db2 is installed as a product database it is db2 8.1 on 32 bit os on aix platform.

The usual has been done the stmts with memory leakage has been found and appropriate steps are being taken to fix the code .

As we all know that By default when you bind the db2cli.lst against your database there are 3 small dynamic packages and 3 large dynamic packages bound into system catalog table syscat.packages.
    Each small package has 64handles and each large has 383 handles so in total 1284 statement handles approx.

My questions are :

1) what is the relationship between statement handles and connection handles
    2) does connection pooling has to do anything with this error (connection pooling is enabled )
    3) if I want to monitor before the code is fixed what should i be monitoring , i am planning to take a few snapshots , which element i should be looking into.

Thanks
    Sandeep

As long as I do not understand you question I cannot answer.
    - what is a WCC app?
    - you are mentioning "connection pooling" so you are talking about a J2EE app server?
    - or you are mentioning "connection pooling" but you actually mean "connection concentrator"?
    - you mention packages in the system catalog. Are they part of your application? Does this mean you have static-SQL?

Need more clarity

Hi ,

Lets take out WCC from the equation.
    lets only talk about Db2, from what i know connection pooling is available in db2
    also the packages iam taking about are CLI packages .if u google on sql 805n error u will come to know what packages iam talking about.

Thanks
    Sandeep

Quote Originally Posted by jayawant01 View Post
    Hi ,

Lets take out WCC from the equation.
    Fair..

lets only talk about Db2, from what i know connection pooling is available in db2
    Do you mean connection concentrator in db2 or pooled connections from the wcc end. There is a huge difference between these two. Only you know what is in your environment-we cannot guess. So, please clarify.

also the packages iam taking about are CLI packages .if u google on sql 805n error u will come to know what packages iam talking about.
    You have the list of packages in front of you. Why dont you say which ones you see in the error message or atleast a link to a search result that matches your list. Only you know what is in your environment-we cannot guess. So, please clarify.
    Visit the new-look IDUG Website , register to gain access to the excellent content.