Provided Answers: 1

Unanswered: Open Report And Pass Filter From The Hyperlink

HI

I need to open a report and pass the filter criteria to it as it opens. So I have a list of possible reports, and if I client say Dept 1, I want that to be the criteria that the query recevies and uses to run the report.

So:
    Private Sub Domain_Click()
    DoCmd.OpenReport "rpt_List Servers In Single Domain", acViewPreview, , , acWindowNormal, strDomain
    End Sub

The issue is the last bit. How do I tell Access that the link I just clicked IS the report criteria I want it to use?

Please help.. I am going bald(er) here!...

Provided Answers: 6
    What does the variable contain exactly? Would it be appropriate to put it in the wherecondition argument?

Open a second form to the record

You have it in the OpenArgs position; to use it there you'd also put code in the report's open event to use it as appropriate.
    Paul

Hi - thanks for much for coming back to me. I remember you were kind enough to answer a query of mine before!

So I have created a dashboard, which contains various subforms, each of which has a list of say, Departments. I want to click on one of the listed items and for the underlying report to open up, filtered by the Department I just clicked.

This is what i have now, but the Report is trying to use the word DOMAIN as the filter.

DoCmd.OpenReport "rpt_Final Aggregate", acViewPreview, , "[Domain] = 'Domain'"
    End Sub

What I need is to pass Dept. A as the filter criteria.

Thoughts, very very welcome and thank you in advance.

Last edited by Raddle; 02-10-12 at 09:40.

Thank you so so so much for sending the link to BaldyWeb. It contained precisely, I mean 100% exactly what I was looking for.

DoCmd.OpenReport "rpt_Final Aggregate", acViewPreview, , "[Domain] = '" & Me.Domain & "'"
    End Sub

This code now works.

thank you so much again.

PS - I am also bald.
    Last edited by Raddle; 02-10-12 at 09:59.

Provided Answers: 6
    Great! Glad it helped you.