Unanswered: Not able to catalog the remote db

Hello

I am using a db2 V9.5 fp6 on ZLINUX server and try to catalogging a remote database under db2inst1 through the following commands:

db2 catalog tcpip node <node_name> remote <server_name> server <port>

db2 catalog db <db_name> at node <node_name>

db2 connect to <db_name> user <user_id> using <passwd>

But when trying to connecting getting the following error:
    SQL30081N A communication error has been detected. Communication protocol being used: "TCP/IP". Communication API being used: "SOCKETS". Location where the error was detected: "server_ip". Communication function detecting the error: "recv". Protocol specific error code(s): "*", "*", "0".
    SQLSTATE=08001

I checked the server where the db presents locally and db2 is up and running fine there. I tried the same set of command on one another AIX server of same version of db2 and able to connect.
    Even i made a another instance db2inst2 on the same ZLINUX server under the same db2 on which i am getting error and used the same commands and surprisingly, I was able to connect to that remote db but not able to connect when trying with db2inst1..

Can anyone help here.. Thanks in advance...

Provided Answers: 11
    server z/linux
    client from same machine - other client ??
    publish ip/port/svcename/etc/servies db2set -all of server
    publish executed command from client and error
    Best Regards, Guy Przytula
    Database Software Consultant
    Good DBAs are not formed in a week or a month. They are created little by little, day by day. Protracted and patient effort is needed to develop good DBAs.
    Spoon feeding : To treat (another) in a way that discourages independent thought or action, as by overindulgence.
    DB2 UDB LUW Certified V7-V8-V9-V9.7-V10.1-V10.5 DB Admin - Advanced DBA -Dprop..
    Information Server Datastage Certified
    http://www.infocura.be

Quote Originally Posted by Sandeep_Sharma View Post
    Hello

I am using a db2 V9.5 fp6 on ZLINUX server and try to catalogging a remote database under db2inst1 through the following commands:

db2 catalog tcpip node <node_name> remote <server_name> server <port>

db2 catalog db <db_name> at node <node_name>

db2 connect to <db_name> user <user_id> using <passwd>

But when trying to connecting getting the following error:
    SQL30081N A communication error has been detected. Communication protocol being used: "TCP/IP". Communication API being used: "SOCKETS". Location where the error was detected: "server_ip". Communication function detecting the error: "recv". Protocol specific error code(s): "*", "*", "0".
    SQLSTATE=08001

I checked the server where the db presents locally and db2 is up and running fine there. I tried the same set of command on one another AIX server of same version of db2 and able to connect.
    Even i made a another instance db2inst2 on the same ZLINUX server under the same db2 on which i am getting error and used the same commands and surprisingly, I was able to connect to that remote db but not able to connect when trying with db2inst1..

Can anyone help here.. Thanks in advance...

Invole OS team also with you, generally we will get comm. eror because of OS level problems also
    check OS level entries like Ip in /etc/hosts
    telnet
    ping....