This is a strong Oracle, PL/SQL, UNIX, back end position
Responsible for defining, planning, and monitoring all application support activities for back end IT applications including trouble shooting, performance monitoring, recommendation of resolution, installation, training, and script/code writing
-Codes, tests, debugs, documents, and installs new applications and programs
- Uses coding methods in specific programming languages to initiate or enhance program execution and functionality
- Monitor program execution for expected performance
- Respond to errors and emergencies within applications and programs
- Provide first-tier support to end users for IT applications
- Perform installation of code releases and patches and write scripts or programs for IT applications
- Assist in the implementation and maintenance of databases and systems
- Complete the necessary documentation for business cases, process, analysis, functional requirements, and testing as needed
- Facilitate planning and functional design sessions to support requirements and business solutions 4 year degree in a relevant field or equivalent experience
- Competency in relational database structures, particularly SQL and Oracle PL*SQL
8+ years of Oracle PL/SQL development/support, performance tuning, design experience.
Very good knowledge in Unix, Shell Scripting, Cron, Batch process, EDI
Experience in root cause analysis, problem solving, issue tracking, performance improvement and support
Excellent communication skills
Additional experience in Billing, provisioning, Wireless industry is a plus.
Additional experience in Java, Websphere, SAO and web based applications is also a plus
If you believe you're qualified for this position and are currently in the job market or interested in making a change, please give me a call as soon as possible at (973) 967-3307.
You may respond to me via email but please be sure to include your direct phone number so I can reach out to you quickly. In considering candidates for our various positions, time is of the essence and we are committed to responding to our clients promptly.
If you have not worked with Artech in the past and would like to know more about our company and what to expect when applying for a job with us, click on our FAQs or Get Started! page for a step-by-step explanation of our hiring process.
Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to read and respond to this message.