Question Unanswered: installing SQL server, no features to be selected

Hello everybody,

I would like to learn creating C# applications for SQL Server but first of all, I have three different errors while installing Microsoft SQL Server 2008 (SQLEXPR_x86_ENU.exe).

First of all, there was error connected with Windows registry. I had some difficulties with copying the register entry (from HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Perflib\009 to 015), so I have decided to ignore this error by launching (by: SQLEXPR_x86_ENU.exe /ACTION=install /SKIPRULES=PerfMonCounterNotCorruptedCheck).

Unfortunately, then I have the other problem. I do not have these check-boxes (http://i.msdn.microsoft.com/dynimg/IC505104.png), I only have (http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg513...png&res=medium) so I cannot proceed with installation.

I have tried again launching SQLEXPR_x86_ENU.exe without "/ACTION=install /SKIPRULES=PerfMonCounterNotCorruptedCheck" and then I see the third kind of error "Invoke or BeginInvoke cannot be called on a control until the window handle has been created". I may also mention that installing dotNetFx40_Full_setup.exe does not help because it is already installed.

The same installer SQLEXPR_x86_ENU.exe works fine on the other computer. What should I do in order to proceed with installation?

Regards!

Hello,
    what may be the reason I do not have any options to be chosen? Nothing like double click on any of those three categories works. There are no checkboxes or subcategories.
    Regards!

requirements

Are you installing the server on a supported o/s?