Unanswered: Help to instal the DB2 on AIX

Hi,

Please any one help me to install the DB2 9.8v fp4 on AIX 6.1. Not getting how to create db/instance or to coneect to db2.
    I am very new to db2 & dont know anything about this. If possible plz contact & help on hegde257@gmail.com at the earliest.

Hi,

Follow below v9.8 info center links to know about the installation and creation of instance etc..

Installation prerequisites for DB2 pureScale Feature (AIX)
    Installation prerequisites for DB2 pureScale Feature

Installing IBM® DB2 pureScale Feature for Enterprise Server Edition using the db2_install command
    Installing IBM DB2 pureScale Feature for Enterprise Server Edition using the db2_install command

Creating a DB2 pureScale instance
    db2icrt - Create Instance

CREATE DATABASE command
    CREATE DATABASE command

db2 connect to <database_name>

-Amar

If you are new to DB2, you probably don't want 9.8. That is a pureScale only release. If you have a single server (or HADR cluster) then get the latest fixpack for 9.7.
    M. A. Feldman
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for z/OS and OS/390

Amarnath Reddy & Marcus_A, Thanks for the reply.

When i installed & run the cmd: get dbm cfg, Node Type is Client but i have to get as Enterprise Server Edition with local and remote clients. right? Because of that i am not getting the TCP/IP Service name. Plz try to help me.

Quote Originally Posted by hegde257 View Post
    Amarnath Reddy & Marcus_A, Thanks for the reply.

When i installed & run the cmd: get dbm cfg, Node Type is Client but i have to get as Enterprise Server Edition with local and remote clients. right? Because of that i am not getting the TCP/IP Service name. Plz try to help me.
    It is very difficult to help you unless you identify exactly what you downloaded and installed, what command you used for install, and what options you used when prompted by the install.
    M. A. Feldman

Marcus_A,
    I have downloaded DB2 9.8 Enterprise Server Edition with pureScale & Downloaded 9.7 client.

Quote Originally Posted by hegde257 View Post
    Marcus_A,
    I have downloaded DB2 9.8 Enterprise Server Edition with pureScale & Downloaded 9.7 client.
    Do you really have a license for pureScale? Do you have multiple servers with an Infinband private network? I don't think pureScale is available with Try and Buy license.
    M. A. Feldman