The salary range is $110,000 to $120,000 (plus a 10% annual bonus)
Job Title: Application Operations Engineer
As an Application Operations Engineer you will be responsible for technical and problem analysis for production issues while monitoring the health of the production Online School applications.
• Work with Customer Service, Application Engineers, Database Administrators, Network Operations, Project Managers, Product Managers and other Stakeholders to diagnose and resolve issues.
• Develop software application or database patches to resolve issues in production while developing options and suggestions for long term resolution.
• Participate in production support related application deployments and maintenance activities.
• Collaborate with Application Engineers, Application Architects, Database Administrators, Network Operations, Quality Assurance to identify issue patterns, make architectural or application recommendations and create plans to prevent future occurrences.
• Perform scope / impact analysis and negotiate with Team Lead, Management, Quality Assurance and Stakeholders to evaluate issue priority.
• Become an expert in understanding the application and system domain to aid in cross-team issue diagnosis and resolution.
• Develop administration applications and tools to facilitate application monitoring, automate issue detection and decrease issue resolution time.
• Clearly and effectively document information and procedures - in the trouble ticket system and the production support knowledgebase
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Systems (or related field of study)
• 5+ years experience in software development
• 3+ years of experience developing web applications
• Experience working with remote team members
• Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
• 3+ years experience of Java, 3+ years experience of J2EE
• 3+ years experience with application frameworks such as Spring, SpringMVC, Java Server Faces, SEAM, Java Server Pages, and/or struts in an enterprise load-balanced environment.
• 3+ years experience of Oracle and SQL
• 3+ years experience with persistence frameworks: EJB3, JPA, Hibernate, Toplink, etc.
• 3+ years experience with Tomcat
• 3+ years experience with Unix and scripting languages.
• Experience and passion for troubleshooting issues in a web application environment (e.g. Tomcat, Oracle, NAS, load balancer) is highly desirable
• Experience with code optimization and performance tuning
• Experience with any of the following is a significant plus: Oracle BI, Ext JS, jBPM, iText, SOAP, SMTP
• Experience with the following tools: Maven, ANT, IDEs (Eclipse, NetBeans, etc.), revision control tools (e.g. Subversion)
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills