This is a contract-to-perm. It is located in Alexandria, VA.
At this time, we are unable to work with Subcontracting Companies.
Our client is seeking an Oracle PL/SQL developer and team lead that can design, tune and develop packages, procedures and functions to perform database activities on behalf of mid-tier applications. Advanced performance tuning skills in PL/SQL are essential as the backend database exceeds 1TB in size.
The position will require regular communication with senior technical management as well as collaboration with peers including principle engineers, statisticians, Java developers and analysts in a dynamic environment.
This individual will perform new development and support enhancements on a complex business application. Requires teamwork, innovative thinking, and initiative.
Good communication skills required for interface with various stakeholder groups. Solid Oracle and PL/SQL skills required. Project employs a wide variety of technologies including Oracle Spatial and SAS so flexibility and a desire to explore new technologies are required.
• 7+ years experience in Oracle and PL/SQL
• 7+ performance tuning skills years experience as technical team lead
• Oracle 10g (exadata 11g preferred)
• Performance tuning
• Implementing datamarts and data warehouses
• ETL development
• Design and development Oracle packages, procedures, programming and data structures.
• Other preferred skills may include OLAP and temporal data modeling techniques, Oracle Spatial, familiarity with SAS a sure plus
• Experience with Java preferred
• Full lifecycle experience in multi-tiered and multi-server application architecture using PL/SQL on UNIX platforms Strong analysis skills
• Ability to understand complex business rules and translate into system design Strong verbal and written communication skills.
CITIZENSHIP REQUIREMENT: United States Citizenship Required
CLEARANCE REQUIREMENT: Active CBP BI. Ability to hold a U.S. Position of Trust